Matters relating to the professional aspects of pharmacy practice shall be assigned by the Board to the Pharmacy Practice Committee, whose mandate is set out below:
The Pharmacy Practice Committee shall be composed of at least five members of PANS. The Chair of the Committee shall be a member of the Board of Directors of PANS. A quorum of the Committee is a majority of its members. The Committee shall meet at least three (3) times per year. The Committee shall:
(1) Provide advice as requested by the Board on subjects affecting the professional aspects of pharmacy practice;
(2) Investigate, analyze and advise on issues that affect, or have the potential to affect, the professional aspects of pharmacy practice;
(3) Develop guidelines, standards and/or position statements, in consultation with the Board, related to professional practice issues that impact pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and/or the public;
(4) Advise on potential research programs and activities that the committee deems necessary to support the professional role of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians;
(5) Advise on professional matters, programs and activities that could be undertaken to promote the professional development of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians and/or assist the profession in realizing its full potential in the health care system;
(6) Work with such other committees and professional organizations as required to give effect to items 1-5 above. Such groups shall include but not be limited to the: economics and membership committee, CSHP, NSCP, CPhA, CACDS and CAPT; and
(7) Periodically review the mandate of the Committee and make any recommended changes to the Board.
REPORTING REQUIREMENTS: The Committee shall report on its activities at each regular Board meeting.