This service is free with a valid Nova Scotia Health Card at your local Community Pharmacy Primary Care Clinic. Click Here to book an appointment.
There are many ways pharmacists can help patients manage their Chronic Diseases such as Diabetes, COPD, Chronic Pain, Mental Health, High Blood Pressure and other Cardiovascular/Heart issues.
- Are a valuable source of information on your disease and the medications you are taking
- They can provide guidance as your disease progresses
- They monitoring for changes and can provide advice and adapt your treatments based on those changes
- They can suggest non-medical approaches to dealing with your disease, such as lifestyle changes
- They can provide device training (e.g. how to use a device that tests your blood sugar)
- They can conduct Medication Reviews and developing actions plans with you to achieve your health goals
- They collaborate with other Health Care Professionals
- They provide guidance on taking medications regularly and appropriately
Helpful Online Resources for Patients: